Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vacation...kind of...

Yesterday Kian and I left Larry for two weeks to go on vacation...wasn't that nice of us?? We miss Larry VERY much can't even express it. But anyway, we left Omaha to fly to Atlanta yesterday afternoon and are now in Blairsville, GA with my parents. I could tell you a story of a really rude lady at the airport and about all the looks I got when my little 18 mos guy was not so quiet but I will save you the details. We are having a great time so far it is very beautiful here in the Smokey Mountains. My parents have beautiful landscaping in their yard. They just moved here about 5 weeks ago and the prior owners had their yard professionally landscaped with wonderful flowers. There are hydrangea bushes, lavender, peonies, lillies and on and on. Beautiful. Today we went to Blue Ridge which is a small town and it is so quaint. I imagined Larry and I opening a coffee shop/bakery in a couple of available spots. There was one even with an apartment above it. Larry has always talked about living in a space like that. It is VERY laid back here which is very relaxing. Not that I am coming from a very hustle and bustle place but its nice. There are many lakes, rivers and rapids around too which Larry would love to go kayaking. Even though we are having fun I miss Larry so much. That is why I say we are "Kind of" on vacation because our whole family isn't here. It is hard to be away from your best friend someone who is there every moment. Anyway, before I lose control of the emotions I should go help Grammy with Kian. Take care all!

No comments: