Tuesday, October 7, 2008

7 years...




Well yesterday we celebrated 7 years. It was wonderful. Larry got up for work and I was still sleeping wasn't that nice of me?? Anyway, I eventually rolled out of bed and was in the laundry room when I was surprised by a really big hug and a "Happy Anniversary" wish. It was a great start to my day. Something so little can be so significant. So off to work he went and I went about the tending to Kian and etc. I made a cake for Larry it was a tiered cake that I decorated. It was ok. Then when Kian went down for nap I took my shower and cleaned up the house. I was surprised by a funny card in my bathroom from Larry. The front said Who is the greatest wife in the world? You and Who is the luckiest spouse in the world? And when you open the card there is a mirror and it says, "that's right you again!!" That would only be from my husband. But it did make me laugh. Then he came home with roses all different colors which is always a wonderful surprise. This year for our 7th anniversary I decided I was going to go to Hallmark and find out what the gift for the "7th" year is. Well, here it is...copper/wool or a desk set. WHAT??? First of all what am I going to get that is copper? Second, who wants wool in June? And third, who uses desk sets anymore let alone trying to find one in a store? But I still tried to figure out something to get so after all of my searching there was no wool in sight, sales people looked at me strange when I asked for desk sets and a wooden frame with a copper look was all I got. So I developed a picture of the two of us and that's what I got him. Maybe next years gift will give me better options. Larry got me another card but this one was VERY sentimental and a willow tree figurine called Together and its a husband and wife hugging each other. I loved it. After present exchanging we got ready, dropped Kian off with some great friends of ours and Larry took me to my favorite restaurant here in Sioux City...Minerva's. I had the house salad which is delicious and for dinner the Balsamic Steak Tips with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Mmmmmmmmmm......sooo good. I enjoyed my dinner thoroughly. Larry had the steak and baked potato. He loved his too. It was absolutely a wonderful evening. We were together just enjoying every moment. I LOVE anniversaries!!! (almost as much as my birthday) JUST KIDDING!!

No comments: