Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I knew when I started this that blogging would become difficult for me to keep up with. Oh well, at least I get to it when I can. Anyway, my friend Susie has enlightened my life with a book series called the Kensington Chronicles by Lori Wick. Lori Wick is a Christian author whose books I highly recommend. I have already read three and I am on the last. I have only had them for a little more than a week. AND I HAVE A TODDLER!!! Trust me when I say they are GOOD! The series that I am reading (she does have several) is set in the Victorian England era. They are all about different women (one for each book, in this series there are 4 books) but at some point or another some of the characters return in other books. So it is not a continuing story, but when some of the other characters return its good to know they are still a part of it and you know what is going on in their lives. I told Larry that even though the books and the characters are fictional I have learned and gained so much insight from them all. I have been strongly encouraged to dig deeper and have a fuller understanding of Scripture. I have been encouraged to have a better knowledge and memory of Scripture to inscribe the words on my heart and to live by them. I have also been encouraged to be slow to reaction by that meaning that with every emotion, action or word I say to have it be pleasing and glorifying to God. These books are filled with romance, mystery and drama. I have laughed, cried and have even been placed in total shock. But the best part about it I don't have to worry about there being any bad language or anything I would be embarrassed to read. So if you are looking for a good book to read the first in the series is called The Hawk and the Jewel (a personal favorite out of them all, right Susie??!!). Let me know what you think! And Susie, thanks for encouraging and letting me borrow your books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment