Change...that is what the Geisler family is going through at this point in our lives...lots of change. Which I am excited and anxious to get everything going, but at the same time approaching this huge change is challenging. As most of you know we are making a move to Milwaukee, Wi, although very excited for this move I am a bit overwhelmed. Our house went officially on the market Tues, we had a couple come look at it that night and yesterday. Regardless if they buy our home or not the fact that we have already had someone come and look is a great blessing and reminder to me that God is in control.
Just thinking, as I am in this home for our last week (the movers come on the 19th), there is going to be another family that is going to live here. This in time is going to become someone elses home. Someone else will be cooking in "my" kitchen, someone else will be putting their little one to sleep in "my" baby's room, someone else will be enjoying the sunsets off of "my" deck and someone else will be enjoying "my" tulips and gladiola's that grow in the backyard. Very shortly this will not be our home. As I am writing this a couple of tears come to my eyes as I never thought of how difficult it would be to leave a structure. Because that is all this is, it is a structure. Sure we have done all we can to make this house a home and we have loved every minute of it but bottom line its a building, its a material. Because wherever Larry and my children are, is my home. We have been so blessed and fortunate to have this home, we love this home, but the ties need to be broken and its time to move on. Hopefully, the next family that walks into see this house will walk in the way we did and instantly fall in love and want this to be their home.
Moving on...as I said the movers come on the 19th, in case I haven't mentioned Larry is already in Milwaukee as he has already started his job. He is really liking it alot and there is so much potential for great growth we are really excited about. And I know I haven't mentioned it this post but as a reminder he received a Supervisor position at Cargill Meat Solutions they make all the whoppers and hamburger for most BK's, Arbys and more. He sees literally thousands and thousands of pounds of hamburger run by him everyday. He is realy enjoying getting to know that people who work the line for him. He really admires their hard work and wants them to know he appreciates it. He is all about the process of how things are done and so this job really is great for him.
Ok, so back on track the movers are coming on Thurs. which is wonderful because that means all I have to do is say what goes where and supervise. I can do that! We have gone through our whole house and have done the great Spring Cleaning of the century, gotten rid of old clothes and things we do not use. I have wanted this move to be extremely organized. With all of the work we have done it very well should be, that all we have to do when the movers come they pack, load and deliver all the boxes in the new house exactly where they need to be and we open and unpack and put it in its designated home. And presto! we are moved. Well, that is the way I am hoping and praying that it goes. Please pray with me. That will have to be an update in about 2-3 weeks!!
We have found a place to live that we are really excited about. Its in a beautiful neighborhood surrounded by trees, there is a park and great nature trails. The home itself is great. It has so much space and storage. It also has a garage which we are so excited about. All my life growing up in Florida I never thought garages were a big deal until I have lived in the Midwest during the winter...its a big deal! So we are very ecstatic about that. There is also a small garden that I am pretty excited about. I have always wanted a garden but never knew how to go about it. So I am excited to see if I can become a green thumb and grow some great things this year. I know that rhubarb already grows there like a weed so if anything I will have some rhubarb. (If anyone knows exactly what it is or how you make it I would certainly love the advice!! haha)
Milwaukee in itself is a great place. I think I failed to mention that the house is in the village of Pewaukee, about 15 minutes outside of downtown Milwaukee. Great names huh? But anyway, we got a chance to explore downtown a bit. I think I am going to love that area in the summer. The lake is huge and the amount of restaurants is so abundant. Its crazy. Lots and lots to do.
There is so much to look forward to and so much that has to be done to get there. Just alot of odds and ends that have to be tied up here and begun up there in our new chapter of life. This year is going to hold alot of new challenges and adventures for us that we are really excited about. The Lord has been so good to us. He has just swung these doors wide open and its been so refreshing and great to see His mighty work in our lives. There have been so many things that have happened that really has shown us how He takes care of His children. Just a couple of things to mention, 3 days after Larry accepted the offer from Cargill, Cargill closed the door to outside company hiring and less than two weeks after Larry put in his two weeks at Smurfit, the company filed for bankruptcy. Can you say it with me...God is good. He is always looking after me. His eye is on the sparrow...
So change, while it can be overwhelming and filled with anxiety, its refreshing when you are child of God and know that He has all in place before we even knew this was going to happen to us. Yes, there is alot we are going through and having to get done which at times can get a bit stressful but its not something to roll up in a ball and hide from we can face it head on because the Lord has ordained our path. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jermiah 29:11
Change...Bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OH MY GOSH! One of my best friends gre up in WI and always talked about Pewakee, or however you spell it. SO funny that you are living there!
Great story and reminder about how God is good all the time.
Wishing you the best for your move!
How's that baby?
Karen had her girl today... Rebekah Lynn. So exciting! Do you have names to share?
Post a Comment