Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulder...

The other day we were in the van with newly uploaded music to the IPod. Larry has such a wide taste in music and knows about so much of it. I, on the other hand will listen to anything that I like. Does that make sense? I don't like one particular kind of music over another, I just like what I like. Anyway, for both of us we really like anything laid back and mellow, one musician who delievers that for us is John Denver. I had no idea that Larry had downloaded some of his music to the IPod so when Sunshine on my Shoulder started to play I was so happy and instantly sent into relaxation mode. We began discussing how peaceful and calm the music was when I suddenly heard a faint humming/singing along to the song. I turned and looked at Larry and realized it was not him. I then turned around and saw Kian looking out the window and attempting to sing along making up his own words to this great piece of music. I instantly had tears in my eyes. When I looked at him and heard his small boyish voice trying to sing along it pulled on my heart strings. I looked at this innocent little boy who is so quickly growing up before my eyes. The other night we were eating dinner and he got a plate full and carried it off to his seat, so grown up, so independent and yet still my baby boy. As I am writing this I get teary eyed just thinking of how fast 2 1/2 years have already flown by. I love to hear Kian attempt to sing a song, I love to hear him laugh, I love to see him smile that great big smile of his, I love to see his eyes light up when he discovers something new and I love just to love my little guy so much. There is nothing I wouldn't do for that little boy and although he is already half the size I am (yes he is about above my waist isn' t that crazy!!) he will always be my little boy and I will always love to do what I can to make him happy.
if i had a tale that i could tell you
i'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
if i had a wish that i could wish for you
i'd make a wish for sunshine all the while
sunshine, on my shoulders - makes me happy
sunshine, in my eyes - can make me cry
sunshine, on the water - looks so lovely
sunshine, almost always - makes me high
sunshine almost all the times makes me high
sunshine, almost always

No comments: